I am trying to get a customized sign on process.
The features that are absent in WordPress by default are the following:
- Allow user to choose a password at the time of registration.
- Allow user to sign in using social networks particularly Facebook, Twitter and Google plus.
- Verify user's Cell Phone number using sms for activating account.
- Let the default role of every new user, irrespective of the sign in method, be elevated to
- Upon successful log in, the user should be directed to his own personalized dashboard instead of the static home page.
So my questions are:
I have looked at numerous plugins which provide social media log ins, but all of them signup the user as a contributor. So, how do it change this behavior?
How do I send both the email and sms verification before activating the account? Which hook do I need to use here?
Once the user logs in successfully, how do I redirect him/her?
How do I let the user select the password, or better still, present the user creation page seen by admin only to the anonymous user?