I am having a problem with WP serialization. To cut a long story short: the problem appeared two months after the site launch. All the strings of text that were stored as a
theme_option or as a meta box all turned into a letter "A". I guess it happened when WP self-updated to version 3.8.1, but I can't really be sure...
At first - I thought it's a plugin bug. I use Option Tree as a solution to store theme options and meta boxes. I started an issue on the plugin's repo on github. The author of the plugin hasn't answered yet but after some digging and var_dumping I noticed that not only Option Tree's strings were "A"s but also Contact Form 7's. There on github I've described in more details.
To solve the issue of "A"s of
theme_options I wrapped the string in the
@unserialize function - and it worked well. But the meta boxes remain. This solution is a temporary fix.
So I'm at a loss ). You can see the problem online at http://saikoteam.by (mind it's in Russian). The
Warnings there - are a result of different
foreach loops getting
string("a") instead of an array of values.
I will be glad if anyone could point me to the direction of solving the issue.