My new cloned site when accessed by IP in a browser forwards back to the original site via a '301 Moved Permanently'. How do I keep this new site from forwarding back to the old?
History: Our dedicated webserver is dying, and I am attempting to get working clones of our wordpress websites working elsewhere before it is dead. I am new at this and wanted to have the security of seeing them running in a new linode VM before I switched the DNS over.
- I set up the VM with Ubuntu Server 12.04, wordpress & LAMP
- I copied over all the webfiles from the dedicated server(DS) to the Virtual Machine(VM)
- I ran mysqldump on the DS and reinstalled the wordpress database on the VM
- I made sure that the DB_user and DB_password in wpconfig.php had permissions to the DB
- I made sure that the Apache virtual host files ( that I copied from the DS) has the IP of new vm.
Then the forwarding began, I have researched and tried the following
- I added both of the following to my wpconfig.php file. I tried it by IP and by an alternate name
- I and others have gone through the code looking for any typical forwarding code
- I tried turning off rewriteengine in .htaccess
We get this 301 Moved Permanently when accessing it with curl
curl -v http://<ip>/ * About to connect() to <ip> port 80 (#0) * Trying <ip>... * Adding handle: conn: 0x7fb182003a00 * Adding handle: send: 0 * Adding handle: recv: 0 * Curl_addHandleToPipeline: length: 1 * - Conn 0 (0x7fb182003a00) send_pipe: 1, recv_pipe: 0 * Connected to <ip> (<ip>) port 80 (#0) GET / HTTP/1.1 User-Agent: curl/7.30.0 Host: <ip> Accept: */* < HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently < Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 13:34:33 GMT * Server Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) is not blacklisted < Server: Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) < X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.10-1ubuntu3.9 < X-Pingback: http://<orginal_domain_name>.org/xmlrpc.php < Location: http://<orginal_domain_name>.org/ < Vary: Accept-Encoding < Content-Length: 0 < Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 < * Connection #0 to host <ip> left intact
How do I keep this new site from forwarding back to the old?