I'm building a plugin which features an custom post type Events. Now I would like to add functionality to support venues. I think a custom taxonomy could do, but I'm not so sure, because I would like to add lots of information to a venue (like images, url's, upcoming shows per venue, etc).
As far as I could think of I have three options:
- Custom taxonomy Venue
- Custom post type Venue, connecting it to Event somehow.
- Custom table venue, hardcoded in the DB
The last option seems a bit frightning. I would not like to mess around in the Wordpress database, only if I have to.
My requirements for the solution are:
- I should be able to create a list of events per venue.
- A venue should hold lots of information like addresses and stuff.
- I should be able to pick a venue from a dropdown while creating an event.
What's the way to go here? Remember, I'm not particularly asking for code, I like to write my own. The only thing I need is a hint or something like that to get me going.