This one is tricky, I've got Custom Post Type called "dictionary", users add "definitions" there which are automagically put into right categories (so for example if user adds "Apple" it's under "A").
The URLs look like this:
- blog/dictionary/ - dictionary welcome page
- blog/dictionary/x/ - listing of definitions starting with "x" letter
- blog/dictionary/x/Xavier - definition of word "Xavier"
Now, I want to add normal WordPress pages and somehow display them under:
I'm creating new pages and setting "Dictionary" page (blog/dictionary) as their parent, so they're where they supposed to be, but display NOTHING AT ALL, no content, nothing. I have absolutely no idea how to resolve it. I can't add them to "dictionary" custom post type as it holds definitions only.
Any ideas? I'd rather avoid mod_rewrite (as I want my pages to be children of "dictionary" not hard-linked normal pages).
In short words: I need two types of elements under one Custom Post Type.
Looks like when my "dictionary" is a a child itself it works, for example:
- blog/dictionary/authors - displays nothing
- blog/page1/dictionary/authors - displays authors page
Why is that?