I have made some custom post types with Magicfields. I need to set the parent page for a custom post type to a standard wordpress page. Figured that out with the help of this: http://janina.tumblr.com/post/3588081423/post-parent-different-type
But now the parent page and it's parent is being added to the permalink and the view page or the new URL is returning a 404.
- Custom Post Type Products light and post x-rays
- Set Parent of x-rays Product Page to waves Page which is a standard WP Page and has a parent of science
- this creates this URL site.com/light/science/waves/x-rays - this breaks
- without a parent for x-rays, the URL is site.com/light/x-rays
- with the cross post type parent - the science/waves is added and view page gives 404, but if I removed the /science/waves from the URL, the site.com/light/x-rays works.
So it seems the permalink structure doesn't know how to go from one post type to another. Which makes the get_permalink function not work, which causes all kinds of headaches.