I was wondering if I should use a service like Vimeo or instead choose to host my video on my server ? I built a family website: it's password-protected, not indexed by search engines, etc. It would be nice to have videos there too but I can't decide which way to go.
- Respect privacy
- I have plenty of space on my server (65GB)
- But I am concerned about bandwidth (they say it's unlimited but...)
- and about usability and ease of access for my family (they're not techies). They can't really use FTP and compress a video.
- Not sure there is a really good plugin for it
- Easy to add videos and get the embed code
- We can set a password for videos
- But I don't want to go Pro
- And you can't get HD quality with embedded videos.
As I said, plenty of disk space, supposedly unlimited bandwidth but non-techie family. I guess we'll want to display videos from few seconds to 5 minutes max. But those videos may be in HD. Which way should I go ? Any plugin recommendation.