Im really struggling to piece this functionality together, and hope someone can help or provide snippets to get me there.
So I'm creating a section on a website where stories are published, I have created a custom post type for the stories section and taxonomies for the story types (category) and story tags (the tags). Everything is working fine and displaying correctly in that respect.
Heres the setup details:
- Custom Post Type: stories
- Custom Taxonomy (the category): story-type
- Custom Taxonomy (the tags): story-tags
I need to be able to filter posts on a landing page by 4x options:
- Story Type Taxonomy (Chapter or Extract, Featured, Flash Fiction, Micro Fiction, Poem, Short Story)
- Story Tags Taxonomy (Debut, Funny, True Story)
- by Month (jan, feb, march, etc…)
- Sort by (most read, most recent)
So an example: Please show me all Fiction stories tagged funny in June and sort them by most read.
I'm not fussy where the results are displayed as long as they are accurate.
The results page would then be titled "Your Results"
Thanks for your time so far...