WordPress Development Stack Exchange is for WordPress developers and administrators to ask questions about:
- theme and plugin development
- development and management best practices
- server configuration for WordPress
Note that we do not handle questions:
not specific to WordPress (even if they happen in its context):
that require professional hands-on involvement:
- overly complex and specific things (known as work for me for free)
- recovering from hacks and server issues
regarding WordPress.com support issues
- setup, feature, account, and other user support issues - try WordPress.com support
- questions regarding the use of WordPress.com - try Web Applications
- asking for recommendations for plugins, themes, books or hosting services. See the related discussion on meta.
- questions concerning third party plugins and themes. As these required detailed knowledge of the workings of those plugins and themes, support is difficult and with thousands of plugins and themes available such knowledge is very specialized. Please consult the appropriate support forum for the plugin or theme in question
For more help, see "What types of questions should I avoid asking?"
If your question is not specifically on-topic for WordPress Stack Exchange, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area 51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.