Reputation
Next privilege 75 Rep.
Set bounties
Badges
9
Impact
~4k people reached

  • 0 posts edited
  • 0 helpful flags
  • 5 votes cast
Dec
4
awarded  Popular Question
Nov
16
accepted Query string parameters from custom fields, inconsistent results
Nov
12
awarded  Teacher
Nov
12
revised Query string parameters from custom fields, inconsistent results
deleted 42 characters in body
Nov
12
comment Query string parameters from custom fields, inconsistent results
OK, I've posted up my answer. As noted, I'm not too sure if I've sanitised the parameters correctly. Being honest, I'm not sure how to check!
Nov
12
answered Query string parameters from custom fields, inconsistent results
Nov
12
revised Query string parameters from custom fields, inconsistent results
added 1831 characters in body
Nov
12
comment Query string parameters from custom fields, inconsistent results
Hi Pieter. I did give it a go with no luck but I've only tinkered a bit. I've also found (by using some of your terminology, this AFC article on doing just this: advancedcustomfields.com/resources/…). However, I notice there is no validation or sanitation. I have, however, got a completely working example through basing my code on that example. I'll update my original question with the code I have working (without the validation or sanitation. Thanks again for the help.
Nov
12
comment Query string parameters from custom fields, inconsistent results
Hi Pieter. Thanks for the detailed, informative answer complete with code! I've learnt something new in validation and sanitation and I can completely see why that is so important. I am having some issues with the code, which is most likely my fault! The taxonomy parameters work as expected but the custom field-based ones are not. I have a feeling that it's due to the part you commented "Not sure about this, can be $q->is_post_type_archive( 'course' )". That line did work previously but perhaps as this is a different approach it no longer applies? How should your suggested replacement fit in?
Nov
11
asked Query string parameters from custom fields, inconsistent results
May
19
accepted Exclude a term of a taxonomy with a custom post type in a search
May
19
comment Exclude a term of a taxonomy with a custom post type in a search
Just checked it out again and your answer is definitely working now. Not sure if you edited it after I tried it or if I was just being a little silly but all fixed either way. I'll mark your answer as accepted. Thanks for the time!
May
19
comment Exclude a term of a taxonomy with a custom post type in a search
Strange but it was definitely not working before I reformatted as above and now it seems to be doing the trick.
May
19
answered Exclude a term of a taxonomy with a custom post type in a search
May
19
comment Exclude a term of a taxonomy with a custom post type in a search
Thank you both, gents :) I'll post the final answer separately.
May
19
comment Limit amount of pages shown in pagination within wp_query
Interesting but not working in afraid! The pagination still lists out all of the pages and they all contain the same 30 posts.
May
19
comment Exclude a term of a taxonomy with a custom post type in a search
That makes so much sense. However, the code you provided didn't seem to work although I'm not sure if that's intentional (you mentioned simplified). I've edited the OP with what I tried as well.
May
19
revised Exclude a term of a taxonomy with a custom post type in a search
added 694 characters in body
May
19
asked Limit amount of pages shown in pagination within wp_query
May
18
asked Exclude a term of a taxonomy with a custom post type in a search