|visits||member for||1 year, 7 months|
|seen||Oct 10 at 18:03|
Skills, Experience and “Bragging”
- Develop Software professionally since 1984, using a variety of platforms and technologies.
- Web Developer since 1997, mostly with Open Source (Perl/PHP/Apache/MySQL).
- Able to work alone, or as a Team Leader.
- Hate “Code Horror”. Cannot sleep well until the code is polished to perfection.
WordPress - specific
- Use (.com) since its early days.
- Utilized WordPress as a backend for various projects – for about 5 years.
- Active plugin/theme developer - for the last two years.
- Moderator of two and active member of four WordPress communities on Google+.
- Made several patches to the WP Core (see props “tivnet”) and to a variety of plugins, including WP SEO by Yoast, WooCommerce and ReduxFramework.
- Have a strong feeling that there are no tasks that I cannot solve in the WordPress environment.
My Development Environment
- MS Windows (with Cygwin) for development; Linux/FreeBSD servers for staging and production.
- PHPStorm, adjusted to match WordPress Coding Style, with automatic LESS/CSS and JS minimizer.
- Xdebug, Debug Bar, Kint Debugger, Query Monitor and Core Control.
- Git (Bitbucket, GutHub), SVN (own server).
- Never use any of the WAMP/MAMP bundles. Always install everything myself: PHP, - MySQL, Apache, etc.
- Use dedicated servers, or VPS (Linode, DO) for production. Do System Administration myself.
- Never use FTP. To copy files, which are not in repository, use rsync only.
- PHPUnit and Codeception for testing.
- BrowserStack for testing in various browsers.
- Twitter Bootstrap, Font Awesome, jQuery.
- Bash scripts for some simple automation (mysqldump, rsync for backup, etc.)
|bio||website||tiv.net||visits||member for||1 year, 7 months|
|location||Canada||seen||Oct 10 at 18:03|
6 Votes Cast
|all time||by type|