I'm going to develop a plugin for WordPress. My environnement is all set up with a local wordpress installation and Aptana Studio. I also have my own subversion server.
I have now to determine how I'm going to use subversion. I see mainly two possibilities :
- Register my plugin at WordPress.org and use from the very beginning of my development the repository provided. Problem : to register, I need to give a link to my plugin, which doesn't exist yet.
- or, develop my plugin with my own repository on my own svn server. When the plugin is ready (or at least a working beta version), register it at WordPress.org. Problem : I would have two repositories : mine and the one provided by WordPress.org. How am I going to deal with these ?
Another question : no matter where the repository is (on my own server or on WordPress servers), where should I check it out ?
- Into my local wordpress installation, in the plugin folder : this means if I want to test it with several wordpress versions, I would have multiple check-ins. Advantage is that I can put the whole wordpress site into Aptana and take advantage of the autocompletion.
- Into another folder and symlink to this folder from my difference local wordpress installations. Disadvantage : I don't have autocompletion in Aptana.
- Or is there a better solutions ?
Thanks for your help