WordPress Development Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for WordPress developers and administrators. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am currently using a post to pdf plugin 'Hacklog down as pdf' which works ok. I've used it before in a current working environment.

It suddenly stopped working but I have found out that when changing my permalink structure to the default '?p=5463', for example, it works perfectly.

It stops working when I switch back to the custom structure /%category%/%postname%/. Since I must keep it this way, I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how I might get around this problem.

I believe that since the plugins uses /generate.php?id=5463 to generate pdfs it may be be expecting the id but in fact being passed the permalink structure causing the error.

Could a solution be with my .htaccess file? Ideas would be much appreciated!

ERROR message:

No webpage was found for the web address:


Error 6 (net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND): The file or directory could not be found.

share|improve this question
Search for that path in the plugin source. If it is a relative path as it appears to be, make it an absolute one and see if that helps. – s_ha_dum Apr 16 '13 at 13:14
Hmm, interesting. Will check that out, thanks. – zilj Apr 16 '13 at 13:20
I think I'm also going to follow the trail for how %category% works. As it seems the plugin only fails when this exists. For now i'm just going to use %postname% as a temporary fix. – zilj Apr 16 '13 at 13:21

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.