I just installed a new wp installation. I have created a new child theme based on the TwentyTwelve theme. In the child theme functions.php, I have created a new custom post called "news". I have added two posts in the "news" and when I view either of them, I get a "page not found" error. See screenshot: http://pasteboard.co/dtIOK6g.jpg
I am expecting the posts to be displayed but am getting a 404 page. why.
Update (to make my question clear): From installation, I have done very little work, apart from the following:
- Added a new child theme (of Twenty Twelve)
- I have applied the new child theme
- I have created a new custom post by updating the creating a functions.php in the child theme and ading in this code here (http://pastebin.com/DKny8QH1)
- In WP admin, I have created a 2 new posts under news (new custom post created above)
- if I try to access the post, i get 404 (as shown in screenshot above). However, I can access the posts created normally.
RESOLVED: This is really weird but I have resolved it. It appears I needed to reselect the "Post name" option for my permalinks settings even though it was already selected. Selecting this option again solved my problem. Sorry about any confusion.
- I went to settings > permalink