I was hoping to collect some thoughts and ideas to help speed up my cart and checkout page. We're using WP Super Cache, WooCommerce, WooCommerce Stripe, WooCommerce Subscritpions, and WooCommerce UPS. I get very sporadic load times between 3.5s to 10s.
- Go to http://iq-express.com/payment-options/
- Click Buy Now
- This goes to http://iq-express.com/cart/ (This page is the critical issue, loads slowly).
- Continuing to Checkout is also slow.
You can also recreate by doing the following:
- Repeat step one from above.
- Instead of clicking "Buy Now", click "Enroll Now"
- Check checkbox, click "I Agree, Take Me To Checkout"
- Cannot post link due to new user status, but this will be /checkout/. (This page is also the critical issue, loads slowly).
I have tried debugging using developer tools for Chrome (Audits, Network, Cleaning Console Errors) and the ySlow and PageSpeed Insights extensions, various caching plugins, etc, but the results I'm getting are only slight bumps in performance.
So it's time to turn to the experts, how can I speed up my cart and checkout pages?