I'm getting an error when I try to activate Jetpack in my wordpress.
"Your website needs to be publicly accessible to use Jetpack: site_inaccessible
Error Details: The Jetpack server was unable to communicate with your site [HTTP 400]. Ask your web host if they allow connections from WordPress.com. If you need further assistance, contact Jetpack Support: http://jetpack.me/support/"
I've tried everything posted in the wordpress forums but nothing so far. Things I've tried.
- Jetpack compatibility plugin (which said everything was OK)
- changing the permissions of various files in wordpress.
- Telling my hosting (Hostgator) provider to unblock various things.
- disabling all of my plugins.
The only thing that worked for me was to install a fresh wordpress through fantastico and move my content over, but after doing that the first time I can say that is not an option this time because of the trouble of losing various things. Everything broke after I updated it stats stopped working then this problem.
I've also talked to the jetpack support team which came to the conclusion that it was a Hostgator problem and then after talking to Hostgator they said it was a Wordpress/Jetpack problem and I've been going in that circle since.
Some info about my site, if you think any other info would help just let me know.
- Hosting: Hostgator Business Package
- Wordpress: Updated to newest
- Jetpack: Updated to newest
- I do have an SSL cert but I don't know if that would change anything.