I am using BuddyPress 1.6.1, bbPress 2.1.2 and WordPress 3.4.2
I follow the guide here.
In the end, I did the trick pointed out by Sarah Gooding because mywebsite.com/forums was blank right after the above installation
- Created a page called "Forums" with permalink mywebsite.com/forums
- Insert bbPress shortcode [bbp-forum-index] into "Forums" page
My questions are
1) How do I customise page templates for the forum e.g. Forum page, topic page etc.
My current theme is a child theme of twentyeleven and it has the following structure
/activity/ /blogs/ /forums/ index.php forums-loop.php /groups/ /members/ /registration/ header.php sidebar.php style.css
- Apparently, bp-twentyevelen/forums/index.php is being ignored.
- The reason for this set up is that I need the site to looks like TwentyEleven and has BuddyPress' functionality at the same time
2) How do I make sure that bbPress functions will work for my site e.g. do I copy and past all the functions in functions.php of bbPress' default theme over my theme's functions.php?
3) How do I ensure that whatever I will get from 1) and 2) (probably from bbPress experts somewhere) will not conflict with BuddyPress' functionality or my theme?