I am quite new to WordPress and PHP. I am currently working on a website and I finally come down to WordPress. I guess I might be able to accomplish my work on top of WordPress but I am not sure. I want to hear you opinion.
- Users can register a blog in our site and publish their pages.
- Users can embed images, audios and videos in their pages.
- Users can custom the theme of their blogs.
- Users can create/delete a list of visitors for their blog. Visitors should have basic infomation such as name, email and auto-generated passcode. (For example, a blog owner might want someone to enter a passcode to view a certain page of his blog)
- Users can create polls in their pages. (A question and a list of answers)
- Blog visitors can respond to a blog by comments or by answering the owner's questions.
- Users (blog owner) can do statistics based on visitors' response. (For example, who respond to which questions)
I think 1, 2, 3 are trivial in WordPress, but not sure if 4, 5, 6, 7 are proper to implement in WordPress, or if there are better options. (open source projects which I can build on, PHP/Java are both OK)
My question is:
- Am I in the correct way to build my site on top of WordPress?
- It is convenient to implement functions of 4, 5, 6, 7 in WordPress?
- Could you point me some WordPress examlpes already implemented 4, 5, 6, 7?
Any help is much appreciated!