i haven't got any experience in wordpress so please sorry me if answers seems too trivial.
one upon a time i had a blog. then the hosting service expired and i get a backup in a hurry way: the bad way.
- i copied all the root directory
- i dumped the mysql database
now i've just paid for reactivate the host and i want to restore the blog project (BUT the directory is changed now, the file are no more in /htdocs/public/www but in /public/www/blog ), but i am experiencing some troubles.
- first of all i've fixed wp-config.php with the new database name, and new user, it seems to be OK.
- then i've done a copy of all files back in the server and redone a wordpress installations via wp-admin/install.php . updated wordpress and plugins.
- imported the database back with phpmyadmin.
now if i go to visit index.php i get this error after the title:
Error 404 - Not Found Apologies, but we were unable to find what you were looking for. Perhaps searching will help.
and no css is loaded. i've tried the queries founded in this link but they have produced no changes in sql tables.