I want to make some edits to a plugin that I've downloaded. I used the Plugin Editor, but the changes did not show up. I tried refreshing, logging out/back in, and deactivating/activating the plugin.
I gave up on that route and decided to:
- deactivate/delete the plugin via the admin page
- delete the plugin folder via FTP to make sure there were no remaining files
- make the desired edits to my local copy
- upload the folder to the site via FTP
- activate plugin
I verified that the new, edited file is up on the server, but the changes still do not show up.
I am guessing there is some sort of caching going on, but I don't know where to begin to clear it.
Other info that may be helpful:
- The URL of the page that I am trying to update is .../wp-admin/admin.php?page=dlm_addnew
- The plugin is Download Monitor and the file I updated is uploader.php
- I have no caching plugins and no wp-content/cache folder
- My site has cPanel, phpMyAdmin, etc.
Thank you for your time!