WooCommerce is a nice eCommerce plugin/package for Wordpress.
While dabbling around in it I wondered if certain modifications are possible and how to achieve them:
- Simple Examples:
- Changing a field name (say from "Account Username" to "Membername")
- Removing a field from checkout (say we don't need/want a shipping address for a digital store.
- Adding a new field (i.e. Referred By Membername)
- Complex Example (change from online store to a type of catalog with stock but no payment or price options - actions are done offline)
- Can I run it without prices? not 0 - no price on the products, but they should not appear as "free" products. basically this should function as a store with no prices, and no payment, but with everything else such as an ordering system, a cart etc...
- once a customer fills a cart and sends the order, it is entered as it is to the database (emails are sent etc.), and it waits for processing. processing will be offline, a qoute/price offer will be negotiated with client and payment will be charged offline (cash/check/credit card).