In order to run a Wordpress site you have to go for the self-hosted version and install Wordpress on a web server. It's not as hard as it sounds :)
What you need
- A web host (a simple shared host will do).
- PHP and MySQL must be available on the web host (very common).
- PHP is a scripting language which Wordpress is built with.
- MySQL is a database technology which handles all your posts and pages and other data.
- An FTP program to transfer files back and forth.
- A domain name.
You can download the latest copy of Wordpress from http://wordpress.org. Note the difference between Wordpress.org and Wordpress.com – the former is the hosted version where you sign up for an account and get a
name-of-blog.wordpress.com web address. The latter is the site for the Wordpress project, where you find the software and other resources.
The Wordpress.org website is really helpful when it comes to installing Wordpress. It's famous for its "5 minute install". Your web host's support can help you setup the FTP client for transfering files to the server, which is essential in order to install Wordpress. Note: Some web hosts even offer a "One-click install" of Wordpress, where you manage the install on the server itself. I.e. you don't have to download the Wordpress files on your own computer and then transfer them yourself.
I recommend this page for you: http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress