The project I'm working on discusses local farming/agriculture/etc. initiatives and I'm ultimately wanting to create a directory with the following features:
- Separation between:
- Urban farms
- Farmers' markets
- Locally-buying businesses
- For each location, listing of:
- Category as per the above
- User comments
- User rating (I.e., n/5 stars)
- A Google map, with a marker placed for each location (via its "Address" field)
- Ideally, the ability to associate events and other content with each location
I've tried custom post types via a combination of the plugins Advanced Custom Fields, Custom Post Type View Generator and Custom Post Type UI and cannot get them to work together. Further, I'll have to manually create a bunch of custom page templates via this method just because WP doesn't seem to do this itself — something I'd like to avoid, if only in how frustrating I've found do so in the past with a previous, ill-conceived WP custom post types project.
I'm currently thinking about using Events Manager for the event — and just setting up each location as a Venue — but this is a bit hacky and I'd have to put all the extra detail (hours, website, etc.) as a single text blog in the description.
Is there a way to intelligently do this in WordPress — or a plugin (NOT a theme) that does this — or should I just use Drupal?