here's what i'm trying to do.
- i have a custom post type (CPT) which has custom taxonomies (web, print, video, custom).
- each custom post has a custom taxonomy associated with it, as well as a featured image.
- i am creating a grid of the featured images (basically a gallery) for each taxonomy.
- i have a page, called design that calls the different taxonomies based on user interaction.
- the hierarchy is ~/design/taxonomy (web, print, video, custom)
i have code that will display the images, but currently only for a specific taxonomy, by using this code
<ul class="feat-imgs"> <?php $loop = new WP_Query( array( 'package_types' => 'web', 'posts_per_page' => 6 ) ); while ( $loop->have_posts() ) : $loop->the_post(); echo '<li>';the_post_thumbnail($loop->ID); echo '</li>'; endwhile; ?> </ul>
can anyone help me modify this code to get the custom loop to grab the taxonomy ID in this line
$loop = new WP_Query( array( 'package_types' => 'web', 'posts_per_page' => 6 ) );
instead of having to hardcode the
'package_types' => 'web'??
it might also be worth noting that this code sits inside a standard Loop.
any help is appreciated.