We'd like to use WordPress to author the technical documentation for our software product. We've used plain-old WordPress pages, arranged then hierarchically, and it works ok, but it's not great. The problems:
- The Wordpress page editor is dog slow.
- You can't drag and drop pages around to change the hierarchy
- Nothing maintains section numbering, like section 1.1, 1.2, 1.2.3.
- I haven't found a way to build an automatically-created table of contents on the right hand side.
- I'd like to have a tag to highlight and indent code.
I could probably assemble a collection of plugins to do all these things, but we've already put a fair amount of time into that, and still don't have a great solution.
Confluence would be a good way to go, but I'd like to keep everything in Wordpress.
Any suggestions for good technical documentation plugins?