I've been stumbling around trying to figure out how to get a specific taxonomy term of the current page so that I can subsequently populate queries on the page for other post types that share the same term.
- Page 1 has taxonomy term - education policy
- page.php has four parts:
- standard loop that outputs the page, but then has three subsequent queries
- loop for events that have taxonomy term - education policy
- loop for reports that have taxonomy term - education policy
- loop for people that have taxonomy term - education policy
I did page specific templates where I could just hardcode the term into the extra loops, but I need to figure out how to do it dynamically (what was originally supposed to be four or five pages is now forty or fifty).
I've found a few similar questions, but none that I could really find my way through implementing.
Get current page's taxonomy which was a little confusing to follow in terms of what was actually being asked.
I hope this makes sense and many thanks.