home.php template file as
In WordPress parlance, "home" is the Blog Posts Index. The front page of the site is Front Page. Likewise, the
home.php template file corresponds to the Blog Posts Index and the
front-page.php template file corresponds to the Site Front Page, and the
is_home() conditional returns true when on the Blog Posts Index while the
is_front_page() conditional returns true when on the Site Front Page.
- Site Front Page: Front Page,
- Blog Posts Index: Home,
How to setup a static Page as Blog Posts Index:
- Create two static Pages, with any arbitrary names (we'll call them "Front Page" and "Blog")
- Go to:
Dashboard -> Settings -> Reading
- Set "Front Page Displays" to "Static Page"
- Select "Front Page" in the dropdown for "Front page"
- Select "Blog" in the dropdown for "Posts page"
Now (assuming you have configured pretty permalinks at
Dashboard -> Settings -> Permalinks):
- Front Page URL:
- Blog Posts Index URL: