When trying to create a new topic in a BuddyPress installation with integrated bbpress, I keep getting the "There was an error when creating the topic" error message.
I've tried the following list of suggestions I found around the Internet:
- uncheck/check "enable forums"
- delete group, recreate it
- chmod 755 all of buddypress
- re-setup bbpress in wp-admin
- delete from wp_bp_groups_groupmeta where meta_key='forum_id';
Of course I tried enabling WP_DEBUG and staring at the errors for a while, but that isn't very useful when BuddyPress and bbpress generate hundreds of errors on every page.
WordPress 3.1.2, BuddyPress 1.2.8, bbpress 1.0.3.