I've been using WPML to have multilanguage capabilities in my WordPress implementations. Now WPML has gone commercial, and I'm looking for a open source non-commercial replacement.
My main concerns are:
- It should be easy to use for the content administrator.
- It should be fairly flexible.
- It should let me decide the URL structure for each language (subdomain, folder, parameter, etc.)
- It should perform relatively well (Specially the queries)
- It should support all major WP features (eg: Custom post types, menus, widgets)
I'm in the process of testing a few plugins, but I'd want to know if any of you have good advice.