I'd like to know how you go about managing WP Core & Plugin updates for clients? It's a service my web company would like to start offering but we are unsure of the best solution.
Let me provide some details:
- The sites we build are under Version Control (Git/Github)
- Our process typically involves 3 environments: Local Dev, Staging/Testing, Production
- Deployment is handled through Github & DeployHQ
- Databases are Sync'd using the excellent WP Migrate DB Pro Plugin
- Sites are hosted on a VPS
By default we disable automatic updates in WP.
We are looking for a solution which fits within our workflow and wonder if anyone else uses a similar workflow?
We do not want to simply login to a clients production site and update the core and/or plugins through the admin. This would mean code under Version Control would be "out-of-date" and this could potentially break the live site.
We will soon be managing code & db backups with CodeGuard.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.