I have big trouble with the_content() for single.php.
Whats my problem?
- the_content() doesn't give any output on single pages
- furthermore it crashes (no other PHP code below the function call is executed
- There are no PHP or database errors shown
- On all other page and post types the_content() works
What I have done/checked so far
- deactivated all plugings -> no success
- used original Wordpress themes -> no success
- checked twice if the_content() is inside the loop -> it is inside
- tried to use $post->post_content -> gives output, but I want to use the_content()
- $textt = get_the_content(); echo $textt; -> Works also, so where's the difference between get_the_content and the_content, which keeps the_content from working as supposed to
So it seems that the problem is theme and plugin independent. I use Wordpress 3.8 and also tried to reinstall the via the update function.