- I have an existing asp based blog where all posts contain a post id in their URL (
- I have a blank WordPress blog. I will have to recreate all of my posts manually, because the feed from my existing blog doesn't contain the original images (it just has a CDATA block) so I can't import them.
- I need to to redirect the original posts to their equivalent WordPress post.
I have tried:
To 301 redirect all
template_permalink.asp?id=xxxURLs to a post id using htaccess but it retains the original id so to make this work I would have to manually change the WordPress post id—which I can't work out to do—so it doesn't hit the right page. My code:
Redirect 301 /template_permalink.asp http://www.example.com/
What I would ideally like is to be able to either:
- Change the WordPress post id manually to match the original id. Is there a way to do this?
- Or even better would be to manually add the 200 posts in htaccess and redirect to a pretty URL, in which case please could you advise of how to format this for htaccess?