I have built a bespoke website that is not currently managed by WordPress. For SEO purposes and to announce special offers etc, my client would like to add a News Feed to the site. To save me having to write a bespoke CMS for a single page, I would like to implement WordPress on just this particular page.
I am currently very confused as to how WordPress works as, believe it or not, there is too much information on the net and resultantly I am just left baffled...
I was therefore hoping that someone may be able to answer a few of my queries, thus pointing me in the right direction for creating this WordPress powered News Feed.
Here are my questions:
- In Plesk, it offers me to install WordPress on a site, how does this differ to just copying the WordPress directory to my site and going through the steps on the pages?
- Is there a particular part of WordPress that I should be looking at in order to implement a custom News Feed?
- I have noticed that there are PHP
wp_*functions, is there documentation for these?
- Does it matter which directory WordPress is installed in? i.e. if my website is at
httpdocs/, should I be placing WordPress into
- Where does my client go to to login to WordPress? I assume it will be
http://domain.com/wp/, is this correct?
- Does WordPress manage all of the data as in images, text etc? Obviously it stores the text in the DB, but what directory does it store all the images in?
- I will inevitably be implementing an infinite scroll on the News feed page, therefore, how would I go about retrieving the data from the database, with limits for paging etc?
I have never used WordPress before, so please forgive my naivety...
Please note, I am not asking you to write the code for me, I simply need pointing in the right direction.