I am trying to figure out if I understand the migration process correctly for a very important migration I have planned.
- I am currently hosting a clients site as an
Add Ondomain on my personal account. www.example.com
- I have created an account for them on my reseller WHM system using the same domain name. www.example.com
- I have copied all of their files from the personal hosting account I have to my HD.
- I am leaving their MySQL DB and MySQL DB User accounts alone in case anything goes wrong.
- I have created a backup of their DB.
Now as far as I understand it, all I have to do is the following:
- Remove the
Add Ondomain from my personal account. This will delete their folders on my server myaccount/public_html/example.com
- Change the Nameserver to point to the new reseller account I created for them.
- Transfer the copied files and folders to their account on the reseller system.
- Import the DB to the new server.
- Minor adjustments. Like the new DB name won't be mypersonalhostingaccount_dbname it will be newaccount_dbname and the password will need adjusting, etc.
But this SHOULD make the site officially transfer without losing anything... and if something get's screwed up, theoretically I could just delete their new hosting account, re-initiate the
Add On domain on my account, re-upload the files, and the site would be right back where it started?
I'm just really concerned about losing anything... anyone care to chime in?