Similar questions have been asked, but there haven't been any answers that really address this specific problem.
- I'm using WooCommerce 2.0.10 with Wordpress 3.5.1. Theme is Catalyst Framework with Dynamic Skin.
- I have Catalyst Connect plugin to get Catalyst and WooCommerce to play nice.
- I don't have any extensions for WooCommerce yet, but I would like to add a social sharing coupon extension (http://codecanyon.net/item/social-coupon-for-wordpress/3417466).
- My Only payment gateway is PayPal Standard.
- Since I'm using PayPal Standard, I don't have an SSL cert. and I don't need to collect any billing or shipping info from the customer.
- I'm selling a single virtual and downloadable simple product (no variations).
Desired Payment Flow:
I would like to have a customer click on an add to cart button, which takes them to the shopping cart page. The customer would have an opportunity to share a link to the product page via FB, Twitter, G+, or another social site, and if they share they would have a discount applied to their order total in the shopping cart.
Now, here's the real question: I would like to have a Buy Now button on the shopping cart page which goes directly to PayPal standard. I want to bypass the Checkout page all together.
In short, I want it to work like this:
Click Add to Cart Button > Shopping Cart Page - Social Share Coupon Used - Click Buy Now Button > PayPal Standard
What's Actually Happening:
Click Add to Cart Button > Shopping Cart Page - Click Proceed to Checkout Button > Checkout Page - input a lot of unnecessary info - click Pay Now Button > PayPal Standard
We can ignore the fact that I don't have Social Share Coupons in this flow yet. I'm not buying it until I have the rest of the payment flow worked out.
What I have Now and What I've Tried:
I currently have an HTML landing page that has been turned into a custom WP template with a WooCommerce "buy now" button short code hard coded into it.
I have all shipping options turned off in the WooCommerce settings.
I have Redirect to Cart Page turned on in the Catalog settings.
I have all billing options except PayPal Standard turned off.
A similar thread (How to skip woocommerce checkout out page?) suggests that Allow Guest Checkout in WooCommerce will do exactly what I've asked, but I have this option checked and it's still going to the checkout page from the shopping cart page.
Any help or suggestions would be really appreciated!