This question has been asked before, and it is pretty dead with no one answering the question properly so I am asking it again.
Is there a CDN service that can be configured with a plugin or manually that simply allows you to host your uploaded media files completely off your server, but allow you to manage the attachments like normal.
These are key simple points...
- Uploaded files are sorted into folders (just like normal)
- Attachments can be deleted - which in turn removes the attachment files off the CDN
- Files only to be uploaded directly to CDN (not mirrored)
- The ability to move previous uploads to the CDN and relink them
- Multisite compatibility
I've got budget, but it's just finding such a service that does all the above.
I have a server with alot of wordpress installations on, and 4 of them are extremely heavy with photographic content, so I just want to go the down the CDN route and have all media stored/uploaded that way.
I've tried all these plugins, and none of these do what I need...
- W3 Total Cache - Only tried with Amazon Cloudfront - no option to direct upload
- WP2Cloud - MySQL incompatible
- WP Read-Only - Almost perfect but unable to delete files - and no multisite compatibly.
I've tried more but they just mirror or copy using cron, which is useless for me because the whole point I would of thought is to get the media strain off your server and live safely in the cloud (which is backed up anyway).
Surely something must exist that can do everything I need.
Thanks in advance